To personalize your wedding ceremony, you need a unique wedding ring. Other ways to get that personal touch is to select a different theme, colorful dresses, taking special vows written just for you two etc. But if you design the wedding band in such a way that it stands apart, then this uniqueness will always be with you throughout your married life. As a couple, you can sit down and plan how your wedding should be a little different and what all things need to be created in a special way.
Ways To Create Unique Rings
- A growing trend nowadays is to get the wedding rings tattooed on your ring fingers. During the actual ceremony, you may wear the actual traditional ring on top of the tattoo, but at other times you may show off your rings all the time, just as they do with real rings. This way, your ring will remain with you always and it won’t be a hindrance in your work.
- Instead of tattooing a plain unique wedding ring, you may even tattoo a special message or quote around your finger. Some couples want this special message to be kept covered with the traditional rings so that it remains a secret, just for them.
- Another way of creating a unique wedding ring is to get your names engraved on it. You may get the full name or just initials of both of you along with your wedding date engraved. You may get a message engraved on the outside of the ring, this way you can share the love of your spouse with the whole world.
- Instead of messages or names, you may want to fit some precious stones on your wedding ring. You can choose your birthstone and your spouse’s birthstone and get the ring embellished with it.
- You may go in for the wedding ring set, in which rings for both of you will be matching each other in the basic design. If you are looking for a unique design of the set, you may design it yourself or take professional help.
Choose The Metal That Suits Your Style
After you have decided what different thing, you are going to do with your rings; you now have to select the metal for the ring. Until a few years ago, the gold wedding ring was the only option available to couples. But with changing trends and style, you can now choose from different metals like Platinum, Titanium, and Silver etc. You can even create the unique wedding ring using a combination of different metals. Platinum is the latest and the trendiest metal of recent times. It is rare, heavy, expensive, has got shine and can stand years of wear and tear.
You may try Celtic wedding rings or vintage ring sets for the unique feeling. Celtic wedding rings are set of rings which combine some interlocked rings in the form of a puzzle. These may come a bit higher priced, but are truly worth the money as they look very special and different. But do remember to get this unique wedding ring made from reputed jewelers who know something about the tradition behind them.