Wedding stress is inevitable during a wedding planning. It is a huge decision- spending your entire life with someone, making a home and shouldering the responsibilities of family life. Besides, the huge expenses of the marriage events are draining too. Yes, wedding stress is inevitable.
Top Tips – How To Deal With Wedding Stress
Here are some easy ways to help you overcome the wedding stress:-
- The first signs of wedding stress are seen when family and parents do not agree with your choice of partner. Don’t get overzealous or angry at this point of time. Instead, speak in a gentle and reassuring tone to convince them of your choice.
- Once family and friends are excited about your marriage, do some research and plan a budget. Search for the best deals with a calm mind for a great wedding destination.
- Seek help from a consultant or planner. However, if he/she does not deliver good services, do not bear any resentment as it will only add to your wedding stress.
- Prepare a checklist to remember about the caterers, florists, DJ etc. A checklist can really help you overcome wedding stress.
- Be careful of what you eat. Eat the right foods at the right time throughout the day. Too much caffeine or alcohol will add to wedding stress, not reduce it!
- Don’t try to be a perfectionist. Managing wedding programs is a time consuming and energy zapping experience. Things are bound to go wrong, so smile and have reasonable expectations to keep the pressure off your back.
- Time is another stressful factor. Be an efficient time manager. Start your planning and preparations early to avoid the last-minute chaos. Write down the things that you would need to do personally and delegate the other duties to near and dear ones.
- It is your big day, so keep yourself as the top priority. You should be taking the best care of yourself during the wedding time. Do your exercises, go for walks, meditate or indulge in your favorite hobbies. All these ways are great stress busters.
- Get real! You might have pictured a fairy tale wedding right from childhood. But face facts now and don’t let the petty issues concerning your spouse-to-be bog you down.
- Money and finances are always stress-inducing. Who doesn’t want a lavish marriage where money flows like water or let’s say champagne! Clip the wings of unrealistic wishes. A simple ceremony can be just as much fun as a rich celebrity marriage. So don’t let money get in the way of your happiness.
Finally, avoid friction with your fiance. Both of you might have different viewpoints on how a marriage should be, but now that you are about to take your vows, try your level best to see eye-to-eye on things. Respect each other’s wishes to keep the wedding stress at bay.