Beach weddings: just imagine standing on warm white sands, golden sun rays beaming down, rustling palm tree swaying in the gentle cool fresh breeze, surrounded by beautiful flowers, the blue azure sea lapping on the beach just a few feet away from you and the person you love most in all the world next to you. Is this not paradise, is this not the most beautiful way to start your lives’ together and to have wonderful memories always of that day!
Beach weddings and beach wedding packages are becoming more and more popular as they are becoming within the reach of most people’s pockets. Of course, there are beach weddings which can cost thousands and thousands of dollars. These are usually beach wedding packages that are held in upmarket luxurious beach hotels, resorts and spas which offer wide selections of services but not always held on a beach, only near one. But they are not the only beach wedding packages available; you really can have your wedding on a beach.
You really want a fabulous dream wedding on that wonderful beach. So where do you begin? Firstly, I suggest you purchase a small number of popular wedding and bride magazines or even purchase any e-books available. Browse through and see what is out there. An excellent source of information is the My Perfect Beach Wedding. Get some ideas and then begin to plan.
Here are some of the things you should initially think about:
- What time of year, as this could influence your destination?
- How many guest/family do you wish to invite.
- List the locations where you wish to marry. Think about how far you want to travel and the cost.
- What is the theme of the beach wedding? Do you want a casual or formal wedding? It can be as casual as you like, but I think nude would raise a few eyebrows. But hey what the heck, it’s your day and if you can find a nude beach, go for it!
- The color scheme you would like. It doesn’t have to be white.
- Do you want to arrange everything yourself or would you rather put the whole thing in the hands of a professional expert.
- And most importantly: budget.
Of course, there is a lot more to planning a beach wedding or any wedding, but you have to start somewhere.